Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23, 2014

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7

It's been a really rushed morning, we've all had them.  Even now I'm rushing to get out and into the truck to make a meeting.  However, if I'm late for the meeting, so be it, I have to stop and do this lest I say by action that the world is more important than my meeting with God today.

Dungy comments, "Our feelings of self-worth are shaped by the opinions and attitudes of others."  I think this has been my number one downfall most of my life.  I also always envy those people who just live with no regard for what others think.  I think I have missed some moments in life that could have been the most fun being concerned at what others might think. 

We simply should not rely on anything to shape our sense of worth outside of God.  Dungy says, "God's can be the only outside opinion that we truly rely on to shape our sense of worth. ... Regardless of how people have treated you or tried to define your worth, God stands ready to walk with you for the rest of your life."  It is impossible for anyone or even myself to define my worth in proper perspective.  I must trust God concerning it and have faith in the value He assigns.

God does not consider what I have or haven't done, what I will or won't do.  He bases my worth on who He is as Creator, as Father, as Savior and there is no value that can equal that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"lest I say by action that the world is more important than my meeting with God today"
Excellent.