Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jan7

Today Tony hits on a topic many of us "old" Christians have long since swept away.  We read the Beatitudes and think we've already got many of them "checked-off" and we don't pay attention to our ongoing needs.  Matthew 5:3 reminds us of the very real truth that its important to realize that we need a Savior.  Perhaps more importantly (to His kingdom) is our ongoing need for His Lordship.  How many Christians have accepted him as Lord, added God to their long list of priorities, are diligent about being in church services and Sunday School, but absolutely refuse to truly allow him to be Lord.  The kids call it being "totally sold-out" to God.  Do I truly realize my daily overwhelming need for Him?  Do my actions show me to be a maturing Christian?  Or do I live a life that says "God I've got this, I'll use a 9-1-1 prayer if I need you?" 

My Prayer today - from the song Life Song by Casting Crowns:
Lord, I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet
So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name
To the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You


No comments: