Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jan 16


When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside. For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God]. (1 Corinthians 13:11, 12 AMP)

In spite of the popularity of this chapter ( it is used in many weddings including my own) these verses don't seem to belong with the others.   Paul talks about the permanence of love and how all the other Spiritual Gifts he just discussed in chapter 12 will one day vanish, but faith, hope, and Love remain.  So why does God inspire this apparent tangent?  I don't fully understand, but I do know that where I fail to understand what God is doing or why I suffer or more likely why others do, God is knitting together to suit His strategic plan.  So for all those things I don't understand, I can rest in the knowledge that my responsibility is to have faith and hope in him and demonstrate my love for God through obedience to him (John 14:15)and by loving others.  

No comments: