Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jan 2

Jan 2. Rev 2:1-2 Ryan and I often joke about if he does thus and so I'll kill him to which he responds "oh well, I'll get to Heaven first!"  To me we never know the real depth of our faith until we come under the fire of temptation or fear for our well being.  I'm encouraged and have hope in Christ that in the end, regardless of the trials of this life, I will receive an inheritance guaranteed since my second birth many years ago. That assurance has guided the entirety of my life decisions to the best of my ability to do so.  Still, I can't help to wonder how I'll respond to the trials I know await. I've seen so many fine examples of how to face the certainty of death it makes me wonder if I can provide a similar testimony when that time comes for me?  In the near term how am I doing during these times of what at times seem to be limitless blessings?  Am I giving credit and glory to God or am I simply consuming His rich blessings with pride, spiritual laziness, and self centered ness?
I'm mindful of the message in this scripture. In my experience, there is no other event for which a woman plans for, looks forward to with great anticipation, goes to great measure to be her best, and wants all her friends to share in more than her wedding, except perhaps childbirth.  What an awesome analogy that God is planning for, anxiously awaiting, going to great measures to prepare a place just for me and others who have accepted his offer of salvation.  I pray that I live this life with the assurance of this final security.

No comments: