Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jan 9

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  (NASB)

I guess being raised in a solid Christian home by loving parents and having a stable family myself makes this verse easy to understand, comprehend, and accept.  I've never really had this challenged.  I've had difficult jobs that required much prayer to get through each day.  I've experienced the loss of loved ones.  I've disappointed myself and been disappointed in others close to me, but I've never questioned God's love or plan.  I really don't know if this is a deep an abiding faith or simply naivety on my part, but I do have a hard time relating to and witnessing to those that do feel distant from God's love.  Regardless, its a blessing to rest in assurance.  The question is, does my life, my actions, my words truly reflect this assurance?  Am I a positive testimony to the fact of this verse or invisible and irrelevant?  What can I do to better reflect assurance to others?

No comments: