Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jan 12


James 1:23-24 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. (James 1:23, 24 NASB)

Dungy talks about the difference between perception and reality. I guess my immediate concern is not what others perceive of me, but my own self perception vs how God really sees me and most importantly how he needs me to be. Am I really a man of God or am I deluding myself?  Am I really yielding to His Lordship or am I a "sounding gong" content to be speaking the word, but not really a doer of it?  
Yesterday was about being pulled in so many directions that actins get diluted and sometimes meaningless or inadequate. I'm concerned that busyness is a tactic of the deceiver to keep us out of the real, meaningful activities - those of eternal significance.  It seems obvious at times, but prioritization is so difficult.  Work has so many urgent and seemingly important tasks.  Then there is church, Emmaus, etc.  Are my actions wholly and completely inspired by and yielded to God?  

No comments: