Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan 28

2 Tim 4: I have fought the good (worthy, honorable, and noble) fight, I have finished the race, I have kept (firmly held) the faith.
[As to what remains] henceforth there is laid up for me the [victor’s] crown of righteousness [for being right with God and doing right], which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me and recompense me on that [great] day—and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and yearned for and welcomed His appearing (His return).
 
Relentless!  The pace of life lately has just been relentless.  Sunday evening I made a fire and asked Reja to join me outside just to sit together.  We had so looked forward to the Holidays to enjoy time like that - time just to sit and revel in all of God's tremendous blessings.  Yet the Holiday Season (Thanksgiving to New Years) came and went without an opportunity to just sit and savor the Savior and all He has done.   Some of that is my own doing with last minute trips to Buffalo, deer hunting, and the like, but much of it is work, church, and other obligations coming at a relentless pace. 
When asked by my boss the other day how things were going, I told him that I am just overwhelmed right now.  Work, church, Emmaus, hunting, all pulling me in so many directions.  Fortunately, I'm not burned out, but it could quite easily happen in several areas. 
 
I pray that God will equip me to sort through the endless "opportunities" to discern His good and perfect will, say "no" when appropriate, and remain faithful.  Not that I might win a prize, but that by faithful discharge of my calling, his kingdom may be furthered in and around me. 

No comments: