Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21, 2014

We live by believing and not by seeing. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

The devotion today in Uncommon is on faith and Tony compares how a team plays together with a faith in one another playing their position and not running to the ball as their instincts tell them to do.  He says, "We need to forsake our natural instincts and play our position, no matter how things look, and trust that the plan will work.  That's what it means to live by faith, not by sight."  He continues and charges to action us by saying, "Play your God-given position as well as you can, realizing that your assignment fits into a bigger picture.  Do your best, forget the rest, and trust that God really is in control."

Life is only about faith.  Everything I see, everything I hear, everything I know in this physical world will either add to my faith or take away from my faith.  Often, it depends upon what I want and am looking to see or hear.  There have also been times when God put the whole world around me in a fog and blurred every concern I had, whether they were positive or negative; He held me on a knife blade of faith so that the world was of no consequence and so there was no clear better alternative for me, forcing me to choose solely and simply on my belief in Him and His Word.

Would you choose God if heaven wasn't certain?  Would you choose God and His Ways if there were absolutely no benefit to you in any way?  Would you choose God simply because you know Him and trust Him?

No comments: