Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jan 15


But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak. For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced. (Matthew 12:36, 37 AMP)

I don't think of myself as a gossip, but upon reflection, I can get caught up in discussion of others quite easily. I guess though, being a victim of gossipmgine awry, I'm more senitive to this now and guard my words better.  Usually my words seem fair to me, but often my thoughts are quite harsh and critical.  I'm mindful of Jesus admonition regarding adultery that even lust in our hearts is sin, and I think the same theology applies here. 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be holy and acceptable to you Father!


No comments: