Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Why worry?

Worry is faith in fear, not faith in Jesus Christ. Worry is fear, and fear is the rejection of faith! The Bible says, "God has not given us a spirit of fear" (2 Tim 1:7)! - John Hagee Ministries

Once in a while I come across things on the internet that grab me and make me think.  I'm not sure I agree with the first sentence herein, but its worth some thought.  I've always believed worry to be a lack of faith, not faith in fear.  Furthermore, worry isn't always a bad thing.  When it consumes you, blocks you from obedience, and affects your ability to function, obviously it is out of hand.  On the other hand, failure to realize and approach problems in life can represent apathy which can be worse than a little worry. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

I think your thoughts regarding where apathy starts and worry ends are good. That is a fine line that is hard to distinguish sometimes. I find that confidence in the Lord is the defeat of worry and therefore doesn't create a path towards apathy.