Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5

Proverbs 3: in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:6 NIV)

One essential part of making a Godly decision is getting the order of events correct. Note that we are told to first submit, then He will make our paths straight. We don't pick a path, then ask God to make it the way we want it, yet this is the more frequent pattern I see.  One author said the first step is a prayer of indifference - indifference to anything but God's will. Once our hearts are set only on what God wants, then and only then can I hear His still small voice.  Matt 6:33 says to seek first His kingdom.  We've got to get the order correct. 
Am I really interested in what God wants?  If so, I will pray a prayer of indifference, putting aside my own agenda so that I can hear what God says and will follow His lead.  

No comments: