Friday, May 16, 2014

Blessed

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” (Luke 19:40 NIV)

Blessed. Sometimes you just need to take a moment and thank God for all the tremendous blessings of this life. Today I'm thankful for the incredible blessings of friends and family. Not just in general, but specifically for God placing me in a situation wherein I've been taught to recognize His activity in this life.  I'm thankful for Him giving me parents who above all else love Him and taught me the great benefits of a life devoted to God. I'm thankful for God placing a woman in my life that has enough love and grace just to put up with me. I'm thankful for two awesome kids who have placed their trust in Him and who have been blessed with a heavenly dose of joy that makes them incredibly fun just to hang out with. I'm also thankful that they have divine wisdom to make good choices including friends that are also fun to include in our family.  I'm thankful for the beauty of His creation that is a clear testimony to his constant presence and ongoing creation. Finally I'm thankful to be blessedly  with some time away from work and the resources to enjoy a little man-made fun and inventiveness. Disney may be the happiest place on earth, but it's not for the reasons they think. Thankful for the people God has given me to enjoy it with. Now, off to Space Mountain!

No comments: