Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Come

Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. - Matthew 6:10

In heaven God's will is done.  Jesus taught His disciples that when they pray they should state (not ask) for God's will to be done here on earth.  "Your will be done" we are to say believing that our heavenly Father's will most definitely will be done.  "Your kingdom come."  Bring Your kingdom today Lord!  Who is to be a part of Your kingdom but isn't?  May they come today!  I pray that I would be of Your kingdom today and as a citizen I would come into this world today as such.  May I be mindful of the kingdom I am from and who the King is that rules!  "Your kingdom come" to me today.  "Your kingdom come" to others today.  May Your will that not "any should perish but that all should come to repentance" happen today. (2 Peter 3:9)  "On earth as it is in heaven."  I pray that I would walk today as a citizen of heaven on earth.  May there be no difference in me as I walk with my Lord today.  I pray that I'd have one foot in heaven and one on earth.  May my mind, heart, and spirit exist with my Lord in heaven today on earth.

When people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. - 1 John 3:8

Jesus destroyed sin.  Sin is the work of the devil.  "Your will be done."  Jesus, come today and destroy the sin work of the devil.  Destroy that work in me!  May it not exist in me so that I, as a citizen of heaven, can be about our Father's will that none should perish.  Destroy that work in me!  May it not exist in me so that I can love others today and thereby show them who you are and whose I am.  "Your will be done" in those around me today.  Destroy the sin that works in them so they might become a citizen today!  Destroy that sin that works in them so they will be made full and alive today.

Lord come, have Your way, commune with me so that I, here am there, and You there, are here.

No comments: