Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2

1 Corinthians 10: 31 So then, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you may do, do all for the honor and glory of God. (AMP)
 
Decisions.  How do you know if you're making the right decision?  First, ask yourself: "Does my decision honor and glorify God?"  How do you know?  Try asking yourself these questions:
1.  Is this decision consistent with scripture - all of scripture - not just a piece of a verse pulled out of context.  If you don't know, seek Godly council.
2.  Have I prayed about this and have I heard God answer?  Is the answer I'm hearing consistent with scripture?
3.  If Christ were standing with me right here, right now, would he agree with my decision?
4.  Is this decision consistent with the council of respected Christians (be careful seeking advice before you pray and search scripture!).
5.  Does this decision align with my circumstances?  Has God been creating a pattern in my life leading me to this decision?  When I was trying to finalize my decision about where to go to college, I felt pretty strongly drawn to Mississippi State (who can resist a fat slobbery Bulldog?).  Still I wasn't convinced I had heard from God and one day after I had been praying pretty consistently, I received notification of a scholarship offer.  For me, this was God saying - Go! 
My experience is that when I've made a bad decision, I know it.  Deep down inside, I feel it.  I believe this is the Holy Spirit trying to get my attention.  Don't ignore Him when He tries to get your attention.  After all, God loves us and knows what is best for us and desires that we choose accordingly.

No comments: