Monday, February 3, 2014

I Face Nothing Alone

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? – Romans 8:31

While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. – 2 Corinthians 4:18

She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now see the One who sees me.” – Genesis 16:13

Again from the Jesus Calling devotional book for today.  “You face nothing alone – nothing!  When you feel anxious, know that you are focusing on the visible world and leaving Jesus out of the picture.”  “Do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.”  “Jesus will get you safely through this day and every day.  …  Each day is a precious gift … receive today’s gift gratefully … as you savor this gift, you find Jesus.

It bears repeating, you face nothing alone – nothing.  Our God sees us and is for us.  May we know He is with us today and that we are not on His tomorrow’s agenda but today’s and everyday’s.  I FACE NOTHING ALONE – NOTHING.

Dear Lord, help me see with my spiritual eyes first today, thankful, grateful, and watching intently for where you are working.  May my eyes be better than 20/20, but 20/10.  Help me to focus on what I don’t see physically but know is there: You!  May I be anxious only upon missing where I will see You work or hear Your call.  Thank you for affirming to me that I am never alone, nor do I face anything alone.  You are with me.  Amen.