Friday, February 28, 2014

Feb 28

2 Corinthians 2:  15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? (NIV)
 
The other night I bbq'd chicken and wow, what a pleasing aroma.  I can remember feeling like everything was "just right" at that moment.  One of my favorite things about Christmas is all the smells - the Christmas tree, cookies baking, and candles burning.  Years ago, I can remember when Reja and I were dating the incredible smell of her unique perfume and how content I felt in her presence.  How awesome is it that God feels that same way about us (like we're chicken slowly roasting...). 
 
Somehow it inspires me to live differently as I view my life as an aroma to God.  There are times I'm sure when the locker room is a better smell than my actions and attitudes.  I pray, however, that as I grow into spiritual maturity, my life is smelling more pleasing to God more of the time.  May my life's song sing to You!

No comments: