Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Feb 19

Acts 5: 27 So they brought them and set them before the council (Sanhedrin). And the high priest examined them by questioning, 28 Saying, We definitely commanded and strictly charged you not to teach in or about this Name; yet here you have flooded Jerusalem with your doctrine and you intend to bring this [a]Man’s blood upon us. 29 Then Peter and the apostles replied, We must obey God rather than men. (AMP)
 
It is clear to me that Peter was so compelled to be a witness for Christ that he could simply not contain himself.  This wasn't an issue of rebelling against the council and the high priest, this was about the gospel message bursting forth from a transformed disciple of Christ.  Peter wasn't known for his courage, he was the one who feared for his own safety and denied Christ.  Yet after that event and the resurrection, Peter had a new found boldness.  The difference was the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2.  I have that same spirit, yet I lack this boldness and zeal.  Perhaps I'm serving exactly where God wants me and he doesn't need me to have that kind of courage.  Conversely, perhaps I'm still struggling for control and am failing to allow the Spirit to become an all consuming fire driving passion and boldness. 
 
Lord may I step aside and allow your Spirit to work in and through me to transform me into the person you need me to be. 

No comments: