Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 10

1 Corinthians 10: 23 All things are legitimate [permissible—and we are free to do anything we please], but not all things are helpful (expedient, profitable, and wholesome). All things are legitimate, but not all things are constructive [to character] and edifying [to spiritual life]. 24 Let no one then seek his own good and advantage and profit, but [rather] each one of the other [let him seek the welfare of his neighbor].  (AMP)
 
Tony does a good job on this one.  I think the best summary is that we are to constantly be focused on others rather than self.  When every decision is driven by the "what's in it for me" attitude, we end up in sin, but worse mis-represent Christ to a lost world.  He came to serve, not be served.  I note that he was intentional about withdrawing at times to commune with His Father, but once re-charged, he was back to serving.  Having recently been reminded of my own shortcomings in this area, this is clearly a growth area for me and my family. 
 
Lord I pray that I would be focused more on others needs and less on myself. 

No comments: