Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb 17

Galatians 3: 26 For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith. 27 For as many [of you] as were baptized into Christ [into a spiritual union and communion with Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah] have put on (clothed yourselves with) Christ. 28 There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (AMP)
 
It's so refreshing to work with many of the adults at Chrysalis.  Often when working with youth, I hear adults say things like "kids these days" or "I hope they're listening."  I'm guilty of it myself.  So often at Chrysalis, however, I hear adults praying over youth who have just given a talk saying, "Thank you God.  I needed to hear that."  It's refreshing when people are hungry for His word and are open to the fact that he may inspire young people to deliver a message of hope, joy, or conviction. 
 
Lord may I always be open to Your message revealing Your will, Your ways, and Your purpose regardless of the source.  May I not discount anyone because of their apparent difference from me.  I pray that I might always be humble knowing that at the core I'm a sinner in desperate need of a savior who can not only wash my sins away, but may keep me from sinning further.  God please overwhelm me with your holy presence such that my only desire is to honor you.  May your presence be so consuming that I look upon everyone with the love you have for them rather than the judgement of this world.

No comments: