Friday, February 14, 2014

Feb 14

Ephesians 5: But immorality (sexual vice) and all impurity [[a]of lustful, rich, wasteful living] or greediness must not even be named among you, as is fitting and proper among saints (God’s consecrated people).(AMP)
 
One of the most important messages we as fathers and church leaders can get out to the youth of today is the responsibility to protect the marital bed and their future spouses NOW.  The past doesn't matter to God where repentance is real, so is forgiveness.  I fear this message is being drowned out by a media-rich environment that drives an expectation of promiscuity and a church that has bought into a lie that bold proclamation of scripture and high expectations might drive away some people.  Its time as a father and a church leader to take a bold and courageous stand to love people, but expect that dedication to a sinful lifestyle is inconsistent with a walk with Christ.  
 
Lord let me proclaim your love and high expectations first to my bride, then to my own children- your unique blessings to me, then to those you've placed in my life.
 
 

No comments: