Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Who is like God?

"Who is like You, O Lord, among the gods?  Who is like You, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?" - Exodus 15:11

Moses who had seen the burning bush, heard God speak, witnessed the plagues of Egypt first hand, saw his people be freed with the hand of the only Living God over the hand of a man-god in Pharaoh, looked up and saw the column of fire and wind around the Israelite camps, been used by God to part the Red Sea and then see it crush Pharaoh's army - yes, that Moses - proclaims here in worship to the Living God He is and that He alone is God.

Yet, in my nothingness, by comparison to Moses, I too have felt as he felt at this moment - proclaiming God's greatness and awed by how or why He chooses to care for me.  Even more, at why He chooses to more than care, but to bless. 

As my eyes blinked open this morning I just lay thankful that I was at home, then that Julie would even be near me, then that she would even talk to me or touch me.  I was thankful the kids were sleeping peacefully.  I looked up and was thankful that I had a roof over my head and more, one that doesn't leak.  I heard the A/C running and was thankful to lay in conditioned air and on a soft bed.  It was otherwise very quiet and I was thankful for the stillness of the morning.  ...  Simple, by comparison to Moses, but I still find that I want to exclaim as he did, "Who is like You, O Lord, among the gods?  Who is like You, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?"

No comments: