Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Weary

Isaiah 40: He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


Is there anything worse than an ingrate?  Can we do more harm to God and His kingdom than to fail to appreciate all that He has done and continues to do for us, His children?  I'm sure the answer is yes, and I know you all will throw out numerous suggestions, but for me, at this moment, it seems there can be nothing worse.  I'm tired, worn down, and my joy has ebbed, but God has not gone anywhere.  He is still the same faithful and true God He has always been, but I am stressed about work, upcoming travel, and personnel situations.  I'm not sleeping and am simply not looking forward to much of anything, at least as far as work is concerned.  Yet as I rise to head that way, I pray for strength to meet this day with a song in my heart and a smile on my face that reflects all the God has done. 

No comments: