Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Psalms 51 (Part III)

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you.

Once I can live in the joy of my salvation from my sin and it is greater than the depravity of the sin, then I will teach other sinners that salvation is a gift from God so they will turn from their sins to You, my Lord.

14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior,
    and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

Lord, make a way for there not to have to be more pain and suffering to even more people, so the pain is not spread and I would know it is because of my sin.  I will worship Your ways and tell of Your righteousness in how You make right paths where there is no path and how You bless Your people.

15 Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.

When I speak it shall honor You and tell of Your great mercy and Your gift of salvation.

16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

I have nothing to offer.  I am nothing.  There is nothing to bring that will please you God, except an open heart that hates the sin that You hate, that wants to be clean before You, to be cleaned with Your own hand, that despairs to be blessed by You.  Destroy me if I can't be cleaned so Your righteousness stays true.  Lord, You alone love the unlovable, rebuild the unbuildable, and want the unwanted.  Remake me.  Accept myself, kneeling before You, offering only myself.

18 May it please you to prosper Zion, to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous, in burnt offerings offered whole; then bulls will be offered on your altar.

I pray that You will delight in blessing me and that it will be a service to Your children and Your church. And I pray that You will enjoy the broken spirits of those who will come to You.

No comments: