Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Psalms 51 (Part II)

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

Only if you clean me Lord, will I be clean.  When you wash me I will be completely spotless; I will have no fault, not the slightest blur in my soul.  Deliver me from the haunting of my sin, may I know joy in my heart once again.  May my crushed spirit rejoice in the touch of Your hands! 

Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

O God!  Please do not look upon my sins but wipe them from Your eyes!  Remove it so You can no longer gaze upon it.  Make me something new; I don't want to be what I am.  Create in me a clean and pure heart.  Renew my spirit with true purpose; I want to live again. 

11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Keep me before You!  Don't consider me worthless and cast me aside.  I'm holding onto You, please do not leave me!  I beg for Your Spirit to stay within me!  Grant me joy again from the life in Your gift of salvation, may I rejoice at Your power at work for me.  Allow me, through Your Spirit, to stand in the face of my sin and be sustained to live in the joy of Your salvation.

No comments: