Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Be alive

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. - Colossians 2:13-14

Today I feel like the whole world has turned on me.  We have had enough of you it is saying.  You can't do anything well and so we are going to take what you do have and move on to the next guy.  It seems like every job has problems and needs me to work extra on it, but I just can't make that a priority.  It seems every person I interact with is unsatisfied with my work, but I just can't make that a priority.  It seems the people in my office don't think I'm working enough, but I just can't make that a priority.

Forsaking the whole world, He gave Himself for those He loved.  No matter what the world says about me, no matter who is disappointed in me, no matter who doesn't like me, I have to follow Jesus who put those He  loved first and served them.  And today all of us have the ability to choose Him and be forgiven, but most importantly, we have the ability to live close to Him.  Jesus is life and God is love, so loving is life.  Today I can live life by loving someone, not some "thing".

I pray that I choose Jesus first today.  I pray that Jesus will help those around me work out their perceptions or perspectives.  I pray that I will be who He made me to be and reflect Him to those around me, no matter what is hurled towards me.  I pray most that I would love others today and in so doing live my life fully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, me too. Intellectually I know I'm to look to God for my "validation," "approval," or to "feed my ego," yet it is hard when I seem to battle with everyone around me. Today's verse is 2 Tim 3:14 - how appropriate. As you've said before, living as a Christian requires discipline. I guess these are the times to which you were referring.