Monday, April 14, 2014

Apr 14

John 20: 21 Then Jesus said to them again, Peace to you! [Just] as the Father has sent Me forth, so I am sending you. (AMP)
 
I Wonder if the people around me recognize me as a Christian through my actions as well as my words?  Do I even want them to recognize me as a Christian? Do the people I was crammed into the Stadium with this weekend recognize Jesus in me?  Do the drivers around me see Jesus in my driving?  Do the people that I interact with at the store, or the restaurant, or the hotel recognize Jesus when I'm there?  I hope my friends and coworkers know where I stand.  Jesus said "32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven" (Matt 10).  Therefore, our witness is not just important, its a matter if life and death! 

2 comments:

Chris said...

"Do I even want them to recognize me as a Christian?"

Isn't this the most significant question? If they do, will they then dislike me? Or worse, will they hate me and call me names?

But, will they then come to me and ask about Jesus? Will they seek me hoping I am different in generosity and kindness and able to show love?

Do I want them to recognize me as a Christian? The answer must be a resounding "Yes!" from our heart. If Christ is in me then I hope everyone can see Him. But we must be vigilant to be on guard for pride and judgment lest we drive people away from Christ.

Unknown said...

The heart of the matter is a matter of the heart!