Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Apr 8

I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! (Psalm 91:2 AMP)

John Wesley said "we need not be solicitous how to avoid, so much as how to be improved by, heaviness.  Our great care should be so to behave ourselves under it, so to wait on The Lord in it that it may fully answer all the design of His love in permitting it to come upon us.  That it may be a means of increasing our faith, confirming our hope, and perfecting us in all holiness.  Whenever heaviness comes, let us have an eye to those gracious ends for which it is permitted and use all diligence that we may not make void the council of God against ourselves."
What a great reminder that God doesn't promise no storms in life, he promises to 1) be with us - Matt 28:20, and that His grace is sufficient - 2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
Yesterday I vowed to pray over each and every situation. I had to travel yesterday and in the height of yesterday's storm, it occurred to me that driving would be easier than flying.  I was able to split the driving with Reja getting a little work done en route.  It was also much more relaxing than waiting in airports on delayed flights and then getting in late. I also found that some upcoming deadlines aren't this week, but early next week giving me an important extra day in the office to wrap things up.
Prayer.  It really works!

No comments: