Monday, March 31, 2014

Mar 31

Romans 8: 38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things [a]impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, 39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (AMP)
 
Yesterday's discussion in Sunday School was encouraging to me.  We discussed Paul's arrest and trial in Jerusalem last week and this week talked about his journey to Rome via ship.  In spite of being unfairly arrested, held without formal charges for over two years in Jerusalem, then being shipwrecked en route to trial in Rome, Paul boldly proclaimed the Gospel.  God used these bad things in Paul's life to firmly establish His church in the Capital of the world at that time, Rome. 
I was encouraged yesterday because the kids in Sunday School were quick to respond that sometimes bad things happen as a result of our poor decisions.  Other times, they are unfairly done to us by sinful people.  Other times we're simply victims of a fallen world.  Regardless, nothing can separate us from God's love.  Not our own sin, the sins of others, or circumstances beyond our control.  Through all of these God is always faithful.  
My favorite verse is Romans 8:28 which sums this up so well: "  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose." 
I'm  so glad God's love for me doesn't depend on me to earn it.  I'm glad that God, who is perfect and loves perfectly, reaches out to me and remains steadfast in spite of my poor decisions. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

Romans 8:38-39 - my favorite verses.