Monday, April 13, 2015

Psalm 101:1-2

1 I will sing of mercy and justice;
To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.


 I will behave wisely in a perfect way.
Oh, when will You come to me?
I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
 
I will sing” … Praises to God of how great His mercy and justice are – will always be on my heart and mind and in my conversation.  Maybe I’ve been wronged greatly by others though abuse or neglect.  Odds are in your favor if you’ve lived very long at all that this is true.  Yet, when we are close to God, we want to sing about how perfect His mercy and grace are for us.  We are thankful and grateful for His blessings upon us.  His blessing upon is that He remembers us and loves us.  We are more than nothing in His eyes; we are not overlooked; we are not a mistake.  Every day we are given by Him and allowed to live should be undeniable proof to us that there is a great heavenly purpose for us to fulfill.  He has us here for a reason.  Someone needs to us so they can grow spiritually or we need to be around someone who will help us to grow spiritually.  We are here for a reason, a purpose, and it is either to grow or to help another grow.  Let us not be slack in being fed or feeding others.  May we sing praises to God for His mercy and His grace and His purpose for us in this day.

 I will behave” … Andy Stanley has a popular DVD message series that asks this most important question, “What’s the wise thing to do?”  Here, David says “I will behave wisely in a perfect way.  I believe that if we ask for wisdom God is faithful to that prayer request and will grant it to us.  We should seek to find wisdom so that we can walk daily in our relationships and work in a perfect way.  The only wisdom we can obtain is from God.  Reading God’s Word is a must criteria if we seek wisdom.  Wisdom is the stately and kingly character of God that balances the absolute power against the force of love.  He applies both perfectly because of wisdom.  All we can hope for is to have His wisdom help us apply these for Him in our own life.
 
I will walk” … Is there anything in your life today you know you can do better?  Is there a single thing in your thoughts that you know you can apply in a better way?  Why don’t you?  Why do you allow yourself to do a less than perfect job?  Decide that you “will walk … with a perfect heart”.  God wants us to have His heart and to spread it to His sheep.  May we decide to live every day turning our heart over to His Spirit so He can show us how to live with a perfect heart.

No comments: