Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I Got a Rock...

2 Sam 22: 2 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
3my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shielda and the hornb of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
 
Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown - all I get is rocks when everyone else seems to be getting candy.  May I not only celebrate those bountiful blessings I do have and in so doing find deep contentment that eludes so many people with bags of candy, but look to God as my fortress and deliverer and remain mindful that there is but one savior and it is not me.  God has called me for some purpose which I don't yet fully understand, but my calling is only to be faithful.  May I honor him in all that I do today and may others see Him in me.  I would do well to remember that it is not I alone who lives, but He that lives within me.  May I yield to him, remember that I'm fallible and unable to do the simple things He asks - to love Him completely and love others as much as myself - therefore I cannot be trusted with the deeper things of His kingdom without His clear guidance and direction.  May I surrender those things that He has given me: knowledge, wisdom, intellect, common sense, and position to Him so that these things are perfected, added to His complete perfection, and therefore useful for things of true kingdom value.  May pride, self-reliance, impatience, short-sightedness, and a propensity to run my mouth when I should shut up an listen be crushed so that I constantly look to and acknowledge Him as my strength, guidance, and direction.  May I be a man not of words, but of heartfelt and God-led deeds that testify to the one Savior and Lord of all.  Only then can I walk the straight and narrow path. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

You got a rock ... now you can roll!

Sorry, had to say it.