Monday, August 11, 2014

Thanksgiving

Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you.

Looking back over this years missions work reveals much for which to be thankful.  I'm grateful for the participation and excellent work by the High School missions team.  We served an incredibly spiritually rich family who blessed us greatly.  The team responded in outstanding fashion to everything asked of them earning at least part of a day off (a first for me!).  This years ICM was outstanding as well.  For the first time on an ICM I got to work (mostly) indoors at Bruner Middle School.  Air Conditioning - what a treat!  Far more importantly, although we are a young group, again the youth stepped up and did what was asked with good attitudes.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to continue to work with youth in service to God and others.  I'm also thankful for God bringing us excellent adults who respond so willingly to make these events happen.  From praying so diligently in the background to cooking, cleaning, decorating, and working with the kids, I'm thankful for the group God pulled together this year.  I'm thankful for Whit Heath's leadership that begins with forging relationships with the youth first and foremost.  Finally, I'm most thankful for this particular "season" in life.  First, my wife and kids have chosen to make their individual relationships with God a priority in life which as a husband and father is my first priority for them.  Second, God has given us an opportunity to serve together for the past few years, a cherished time and memory. 
God is good!  I am richly blessed.

No comments: