Tuesday, August 5, 2014

God shows us Himself in simple things

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
 
This time of year the sunshine beams through our front door and windows every morning as I take the dogs out to "get the paper."  This morning it was an almost blinding reminder that Jesus is the light of the world and without Him, there would be no light.  Light brings us illumination.  To reveal more detail, requires more light (a fact I'm learning more every day as I age and begin to lose what was once 20/15 eyesight).  I'm mindful that darkness has no definition except the absence of light.  We tend to retreat into darkness to hide something so that its detail is not revealed.  This isn't new: John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
I liked the sunshine beaming through my front doo this morning.  I wonder, however, if my heart and mind could stand up to the scrutiny of God's revealing light.  I pray that as I walk through this day, I would be a man, husband, father, worker, church-member, and friend of integrity; one who could not only stand in the light with all the faintest of details revealed, but more importantly be a shining reflection of the light of the world!

No comments: