Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Does Rejection Exist?

The original rejection is the removal of Adam and Eve from Eden.  Why were they removed?  They had made a choice to do the one thing God had asked/stated/declared that they not do.  If we remove Satan, who confused them (something that is easy to do since we are but dumb sheep - the reason Patrick on SpongeBob is so funny is because we are all kind of like that), then what we see are two people in harmony with their world, each other, and their God whom they walked with every day.  Their choice caused them to be removed from Eden and other incidental problems like pain in childbirth and weeds.  Did God reject man from the Garden?  Or did man reject God in the Garden? 

Another example would be Moses inability to enter the Promised Land.  Moses was not allowed to cross the Jordan River because he had struck the rock out of anger over the people he was leading instead of doing what God had told him to do.  Did God reject Moses from the Promised Land?  Or did Moses reject God at the Promised Land?

God Himself came in the form of man as Jesus.  He healed people, raised people from the dead, miraculously fed people, calmed storms, and greatest of all, gave the Words of God and the Heart of God to everyone who would listen or follow.  Yet, man sought after Him and killed Him.  He could have not allowed Himself to die, being God, and some would certainly argue that He left because He wanted to go.  Did God reject man and leave him?  Or did man reject God?

For me, the obvious answer is that man has continuously rejected God despite His every effort to provide perfect Gardens, Promised Lands, or Himself to us.  God has never rejected man but has instead allowed man to choose a path away from Him.

God has no rejection inside of Him because God is love.  Love does not reject, but always chooses to do for others what is best for others.  This is because love ... is love.  Love wants to complete others, love wants to add value to others, love wants to work for the benefit of others, all so the other can become a better who they are created to become.  Obviously, as demonstrated by God's actions, this sometimes means moving man out of the Garden, not letting him in the Promised Land, or dying in His physical body.  All of which were for man's betterment.  

Therefore, I submit that there is no such thing as rejection in the spiritual world where God reigns for man.  He will never reject you or forget about (forsake) you.  You are always on His mind and in the center of His care. 

Rejection only exists from man and man's chief rejection is of God Himself (where is thy faith?).  Then it is to other men.  It is a choice not to believe and follow God, then it is to make other men submit and serve them and their purposes.  Rejection is, in its essence, a choice against love and equal to our understanding of evil (the opposite of good) and hell itself. 

We must take special care whenever we feel feelings of rejection towards others.  Those are not from the hand of God.  God rejects no man who does not reject Him.  It is these actions of rejection that have been put towards us and that we have put towards others that have caused such destruction in all of our relationships.  It is impossible for us to demonstrate God to others and share who He is and what He means to us if we have the insecurities of rejection towards them.

As I examine myself, I believe that all of my many emotional problems are from rejection.  It is from some person rejecting me in some manner and my subsequent effort to protect myself from more pain.  I finally realize that I am incapable of protecting myself and therefore shouldn't modify myself (which is an effort to improve on who God created - that doesn't make sense).  I should instead build my faith, trust God when He says He loves me and that I am special to Him and that He will never reject me, and love myself as He made me.  I should know that even if I am in pain from deliberate rejection, He is with me and that He suffered the pain of rejection of man first.  Jesus even says this to us in John 15:8, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first" (remember Adam and Eve?).  I believe the strength of our daily walk in Christ relies heavily on how we handle man's rejection.  One way leads to greater faith and a fuller me, the other leads to instability and confusion.

No comments: