Saturday, November 21, 2015

Trust Him (Ps 86 - II)


1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
    answer me, for I need Your help.
2 Protect me, for I am devoted to You.
    Save me, for I serve You and trust You.
    You are my God.
3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,
    for I am calling on You constantly.
4 Give me happiness, O Lord,
    for I give myself to You.
5 O Lord, You are so good, so ready to forgive,
    so full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help.
6 Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
    hear my urgent cry.
7 I will call to You whenever I’m in trouble,
    and You will answer me. – Psalm 86:1-7

There is a foundation of trust in this prayer of David.  David trusts the Lord to be the Lord.  He trusts Him to hear him because the Lord says He does; He trusts Him to not forsake him because the Lord says He won’t; He trusts the Lord loves him because He says He does.  David calls upon the Lord to do what the Lord says He does.  Hear me, protect me, be merciful to me, and give me happiness David cries out to the Lord.  All aspects that are only performed by God Himself.  David calls upon God to show His characteristics towards Him and he trusts that God will do it.  He acknowledges that the Lord is ready to forgive and full of unfailing love for those who ask for His help.  Characteristics only found in God Himself.

David places his whole life into the Lord’s hands.  I need Your help; save me; I will call to You whenever I’m in trouble.  David is not depending upon anything or anyone else in the created world.  It is God and God alone.  David trusts the Lord with the only thing he has, his life.  Even then he realizes that his life isn’t his, but the Lords when he says, I serve You and trust You, You are my God, and I give myself to You.

What a powerful life it is when we learn to simply trust God to be God.  We call upon Him to show us His characteristics.  We learn that He will answer as Himself at the time He has declared to answer.  Whatever the answer is, we know He has answered in the manner that is best for us because He can’t answer in any other way.  His perfect love demands the best for us.  So we can pray confidently upon that perfect love and walk assured in our circumstances that He has it covered, our faith can be full, unwavering, and our lips can be ready to declare His goodness and hand upon lives.

Pray confidently, trusting completely upon God for His deliverance.  Make the Lord your God.  Depend upon Him and Him alone.  Know that He will hear you and answer you.  Trust in Him.

No comments: