Friday, November 6, 2015

Oh Glorious Day

Oh Glorious Day by Casting Crowns (live performance).

It’s been a rough few days.  This week it hasn’t been grueling schedules that involve long hours, but completely unproductive work.  Software problems have made any real work progress completely ineffective.  It is frustrating to work on, try to work around, and work through problems to get a result only to get nowhere and have all the other work logjam up because of this.  Frustrations tend to build upon frustrations.  Once one particular item gets us “beside ourselves” the other things which might not be frustrating by themselves or on a normal productive day are frustrating, they get to a heightened level of importance and then the next three things behind them also all add on to that frustration in heightened states of frustration. 

The next thing I knew was I needed to be really careful what I said and did.  Remember, our tools to show Jesus are from His Spirit in our words and actions.  At the end of the day Julie texted me about eating out and I told her I was just sitting in my office trying to change my attitude.  My sinful body wanted to go and beat somebody up, lash out at having such a rotten day, or maybe go drink the pain away.  But what I wanted more was to work with as much effort as I could to remove myself, my pity party, my emotional frustrations, and be sure that what really mattered was more evident than me.  I didn’t want to fail my Savior.  I didn’t want to fail my family or my friends.  I needed Him to overcome this meaningless work stuff so I could gain a reality check on what’s really important.

God is able and willing to be with us to overcome our instinctual responses to this world.  When we focus on Him first and on serving in all circumstances the people around us with joy, looking at the bigger picture of spiritual consciousness in those around us and within ourselves, we are able to crawl out from under those rotten frustrating days with hope.  There will be a new glorious day where the Lord dwells and He is with me there.  One day He's coming. Oh Glorious Day!  Oh Glorious Day!

No comments: