Monday, November 23, 2015

Angst

Joshua 10a:  13So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
Just when I thought I was going to have a steady period of work through the holidays, a wrinkle gets thrown in that will have me working long hours, traveling more and standing before a "Red Team" of very senior leaders to defend not just my own, but wholly other organization's work.  At least through early Dec, I look to be very busy and I had so looked forward to a steady pace through the holidays to take some time and rest. 
Joshua essentially prayed for God to multiply his time and as recorded the sun and moon stood still until God could lead Joshua's army to a complete victory.  I know scripture goes on to say that there has never been a day like it before or since, but I need a similar miracle.  I need time multiplied to accomplish all before me. 
Moreover, I need to have a better attitude about what lies ahead.  As Dad always said, God didn't bring me this far to abandon me now, but this isn't what I had in mind for the holidays.  I need to learn to rest in Him more completely and then not pick up my problems when placed at the alter. 

No comments: