Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My Hope is in You

But now, Lord, what do I look for?
   My hope is in You.
Save me from all my transgressions;
   do not make me the scorn of fools.
- Psalm 39:7-8

My wife and I find ourselves in the painful position of having to stand alone against my family.  We have had to do this in some regard before when other family members were doing other things and trying to manipulate us and others, but for some reason that was easier.  They weren't doing anything deceitful or intentional against us.  They were doing it equally to everyone.  At this time we are having to stand on what we believe is righteous and good while there is obvious work against us.  It is painful and we are heartbroken.  No one likes to be ostracized.

As David says, "My hope is in You."  Our hope is in Christ.  We have seen Him change a man when all hope was lost that he could change.  We are witness to Him saving us when the world would throw us away. We have a real faith in what Jesus can do in others or in us.  We pray that we'll be where we need to be in this and we'll be who He wants us to be.  May He reign in our lives and pour Himself out on those around us. We pray for the conviction of sin and God to "save me from all my transgressions".

We also do not want to be ridiculed for our position.  As David prays, we pray not to be made "the scorn of fools."  Our hope is in the One True Living God.  He will reign over us, in us, and through us forever more!

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for you this morning. Know that your stand is correct, your attempts to hold your brother accountable are courageous and for whatever reason your family has bought into a lie that avoiding controversy in the family today is more important than loving correctly, honoring commitments and raising children responsibly. It is so painful to see the level of deceit by the evil one. Know that you're loved and respected.