Thursday, July 9, 2015

Praise Him

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations. - Psalm 100

Sing with me this morning:
I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart;
I will enter His courts with praise.
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.
He has made me glad, He has made me glad,
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.
He has made me glad, He has made me glad,
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

In the midst of angst, in the midst of pain, in the midst of ridicule, I find myself laughing.  Yes, it makes no sense.  But I find myself rejoicing this morning to be alive and to be cared for by an almighty God that cares intimately about me.  He cares so much about me that He has not destroyed me but blesses me instead!  How insanely crazy is His love!  

This past Saturday Russ and I were stuck in analyzing the fuel tank on the boat because of screws we couldn't get out of the top of the gas gauge sending unit.  I said a small prayer that God would help us get these insignificant things out.  Why?  I don't know, I guess because it was a problem for us at that time.  Guess what happened.  Yep, immediately thereafter the troublesome screw came right out.  

If God is willing to answer such a prayer regarding a meaningless screw, how much more must He consider the prayers regarding our deep heartfelt pain and the pain we have for others.  Oh how glorious is it that our pitiful prayers are lifted up to the throne of heaven and heard in the ear of the Creator of all things who has all power and all authority!  

May we enter into His gates this morning and enter the courts of His palace with thanksgiving and gratefulness ever humbled and awed by His great love for even us.

No comments: