Monday, July 20, 2015

He Holds Me

Rick Warren's Daily Hope today is entitled, "God's Love is Deeper Than Your Problem".  You can read it by going HERE.

Pastor Warren says at the end,
You’ve hit bottom emotionally, ... you’re frustrated, and you think, “I’m going under.”  Where is God when you hit bottom?  He’s right there underneath you. He is “your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you” (Deuteronomy 33:27a NLT, second edition).  Drop into his arms of love. Let him catch you and support you when you have nowhere else to go.  
I have to admit that it is shameful to get to those locations at the "end of everything" as Frodo described it to Sam in the Lord of the Rings.  I believe that God puts us in those locations so we'll realize we have nowhere else to go and we never had anywhere else to go.  We need to learn that everyday we must wake up and walk in the full knowledge of not having anyone more secure, more trustworthy, and more capable than our Savior.  We should not have to "hit bottom" to walk in this kind of faith.  When I witnessed God catching us and performing a miracle right before my eyes, I was walking in the miracle, I realized that God can do this everyday and He doesn't need me to be left with no hope to do it.

God shouldn't just be our last hope, but He should be our only hope - everyday.

No comments: