Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Task Saturated

Psalms 40:12a 12 For troubles without number surround me...They are more than the hairs of my head..."
Psalms 34: 17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.

Psalms 34: 19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all


It seems at times in life perfect storms hit - simultaneously.  Too many taskers, all important and urgent consume me.  I'm overwhelmed by the magnitude, number, complexity, and personality dynamics involved.  There is simply no way to get it all done.  No way to answer every question.  No way to thoroughly understand and correctly answer all the questions.  There are personnel evaluations to do in the midst of it all which affect people's pay and careers.  Too much room for grievous errors and too much temptation for anger, resentment, and a "why me" attitude.  God will have to intervene.  Counting on Him as I sprint through this day.  May I pause and remember that it is He who enables, not me.  Things to keep in mind as I tackle way more than the hours of this week and next have in them. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

Task Saturation is one way God will force a life in faith. "God, either You do this or it won't get done!" He forces us to our own limitations so we can begin the day overwhelmed, paralyzed by the enormity of the required effort. Then when we we aren't overwhelmed, may we remember to start every day the same way!

You were made to do this. He put you there and no one will do it better at this time. I would say He just wants to make sure you put it all in His hands.

I am praying for you my Brother!