Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Does He Know You?

Reading Psalms 9:7-8 this morning ...

"The Lord reigns forever, He has established His throne for judgment.  He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity." - (NIV)

"The Lord shall endure forever; He has prepared His throne for judgment.  He shall judge the world in righteousness, and He shall administer judgement for the peoples in uprightness." - (NKJV)

Here again is an illustration where each version's message is a little different.  I guess saying the Lord reigns forever is in a way saying He endures forever, since He will reign because He will endure.  The message that matters is "He and He alone IS the LORD!"  There is, nor ever will be, another.

The Lord has established His throne and He has prepared His throne for judgment.  At the throne of judgment, I'm assuming is a judgment seat.  As best as I interpret God's Scripture, Jesus our Savior, sits on that judgment seat.  Every knee will bow and acknowledge that He is the Lord.  Every soul will stand before Him and He will acknowledge if, in your heart, you believed in Him.  He will then say, I knew you, or I never knew you.  The throne is established by God and is prepared for His Son, Jesus, to sit at it.

He rules the world.  God is and God rules the world, His Creation.  NO matter what anyone says, no matter how intelligent they think they are, this fact will overwhelm them either in this physical world or in the next.  Not only does He rule it, He does it with His character which holds righteousness as a leveling line.  He defines righteousness; He knows goodness; He administers all things with love as a foundation.  In Him and Him alone can come judgment for there is nothing else that is pure, untainted, who's depths spew torrents of love.

I thank God that today and everyday, He does not change.  Whomever may rule whatever place, whomever may win whatever war, but the Lord rules over all and will judge all using His guidelines of righteousness.  I can only pray that I will trust and have complete faith in every area of my life in Him, so He will say to me, I KNOW YOU MY SON!

No comments: