Friday, March 20, 2015

Hanging on by Faith

Luke 8:24 "...“Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.

There's a profound song that was once incredibly popular on Christian radio by Scott Krippayne called "Sometimes He Calms the Storm" that speaks to my very experience yesterday.  I awakened yesterday with an incredible feeling of simply being overwhelmed.  I've got so very much to do all of which is incredibly important and I just couldn't see how it was all going to get done.  Yet after prayer, I had a calm resolve that really didn't sink in until I reflect back on it today.  Yesterday was an unusually and surprisingly productive day.  I was unusually focused and had a much lower rate of setbacks.  Clearly God answered my prayers as well as the prayers of others.  I was so focused on getting the innumerable jobs at hand completed that I failed to recognize it as it unfolded.  I need another couple of days like yesterday. 
Scott Krippayne's refrain ends with "sometimes He calms the storm, and other times he calms His child."  Yesterday He clearly calmed me.  I pray that I continue to rest in the calm assurance that where I am unable, He clearly is able.  I pray that in my menial tasks, innumerable as they are, that He is glorified as clearly He is at work.  Time to once again join Him in it.

No comments: