Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Let Me Be Singing



A portion of the lyrics from the song 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman.  I heard the song twice today.  I have to admit to being somewhat depressed or down since Saturday.  I’m not sure why, except to say it happens.  I guess we’re all human and the ride is a roller-coaster, up and down.  According to the grandmother in one of Julie’s favorite movies, Parenthood, the roller-coaster is the best ride.  The merry-go-round just does the same thing over and over, but the roller-coaster is thrilling.  At least, that’s the advice of a grandmother on a movie.

I find one of the greatest challenges is to find God at such times.  Although I know He promises He will never leave me, never forsake me, and never stops loving me, it is very hard to reverse that cloud that seems to hang over your mind and emotion.  I also know the Bible says to thank God for such times.  So, I tried to thank God for it.  I do know that if it weren’t for valleys, the mountaintops wouldn’t be so grand.  And once you got to the mountaintops, the valleys wouldn’t be so beautiful if they weren’t there.  It takes one to appreciate the other.

And so, having heard Mr. Redman’s song twice, I singled out that one stanza.  “It’s time to sing His song again, whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes.”  May I be singing this evening and tomorrow morning.

I am also reminded of something I heard another preacher say, “The Lord didn’t bring you this far to leave you now.”  The only way we are capable of leaving God is if we choose to leave Him.  The Bible insures us that if we are looking for God, we’ll find Him. 

I pray today that I would be found singing the praises of God.  Mindful and conscious of the many blessings in my life and grateful for life itself.  I pray that God will find me looking for Him, that my hand will be outstretched reaching for His.  I pray that He has a purpose for me, even me, today and in all my days and that I am willing to follow Him in it.  May the praise of the God of glory be forever in my heart. Amen.  

No comments: