Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Lord is My Shepherd


The Lord is my shepherd” – Psalm 23:1

The Lord”.  There is no other.  There is only one true living God. 

Stephen Curtis Chapman sings a great song entitled God is God.  In it he says, “God is God and I am not.”  This is a testimony to the one true God and that He is the only God.  HERE is a video of the song that references the slaying of the five missionaries who were trying to reach the Waodani tribe near the Amazon.  The movie End of the Spear is a great watch that tells this story of forgiveness and changed lives.  God allowed for the son and wife of one of the slayed missionaries to become virtual family members to those who killed their father and husband.  How could that be?  Only because of the Lord.  There is no other way.

The Lord is”.  He exists.  He is.  I don’t hope He is, I know He is.  I don’t think I understand how His ways are best, I know His ways are best because He is.  I don’t just know about God in my mind and have an understanding of words and how they relate to life, He lives in my heart and His Words are impressed upon it.  They fulfill me and plug all my holes.  God is.

The Lord is my”.  He, the Lord of the universe, the Creator of all things, is personal to me.  He talks quietly to me.  He waits patiently for me.  He is ready for me anytime I want to step towards Him.  He reaches for me and calls out to me.  I have no other friend like Him.  My Lord He alone is.

The Lord is my shepherd.”  He alone guides me.  He protects me.  He has my best interest in mind and all things around me work together for my good.  He loves me perfectly.  There is no darkness or ill will towards me.  He seeks for me to be all I was created to be and to know more and more of Him as well as I can.  He leads me

It is incredibly important for us to search our hearts and verify if we can indeed say in complete faith and belief: There is no other; He is; My Lord; He leads me.  Is there another god in your life?  Do you know without a single doubt that He is?  Is He your Lord or is something else fighting for all of your attention and worship?  Does He lead you or do you follow advice or worldly wisdoms that contradict His Word? 

There can be only one God in our life and that God is God and I am not.

No comments: