Wednesday, September 30, 2015

He Hears!


The verses and chorus lyrics from the song “One Thing Remains” as sang by Jesus Culture.  HERE is a link to a video of it.

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing… Remains

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

In death, In life, I’m confident and
covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid, there’s nothing that can
separate my heart from Your great love...

Disagreements are temporary.  Conflict is temporary.  In fact, all things in this life are temporary except those everlasting wisdoms we learn to accept and hold on to.  I believe we take them with us as our faith is built.  In the worst trial when everyone is plotting against you, murmuring against you, lying about you, distorting what was spoken, misguiding others for their benefit, the prevailing wisdom must be that God is.  Yes, God is.  He is still there and He remains and always will.  There is never a time when all is lost because God is.  In the worst time and most broken heart, I can pray, I can stand before Him and He listens.  My words do not fall upon the ground.  He hears them! 

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry. … The righteous cry, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.” – Psalms 34:15,17

I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications.  Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.” – Psalms 116:1-2

Call to Me, and I will answer you.” – Jeremiah 33:3

 “If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto You.” – John 15:7

This is the confidence that we have in Him that if we ask anything according to Your will, You will hear us.” – 1 John 5:14

If He hears and He loves then I can rest knowing that He has me where I can be most used in His will.  Either in learning, loving, or living.  Maybe all three simultaneously.  There is assurance in the storm because there is no one and nothing to fear because God always is and "His love never fails, never give us, never runs out on me".

No comments: