Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Just Tell me what to Do!

Jer 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

I wish I had it all together and could make perfect decisions in every circumstance.  Alas, I do not and cannot.  I need to hear from God.  I need guidance in several situations and am having difficulty discerning my own desires and the noise of this world from God's still small voice.  I know He can drown out the world and my own predetermined notions.  I need him  to shout with a bullhorn.  I need him to create an uncontrollable urge within me.
People tell me that God gave me a brain and I'm to use it.  Well, it was my brain that got me to where I am!  I need to work and live differently.  I need to interact with others differently.  People also tell me that needing to hear from God is a lack of faith.  Ok, then I don't have much faith.  What I do know is that I need to make better decisions and I know who knows how to make them perfectly.  I need to know where to take the next step.  I need to learn how to distinguish God's voice from the many in my head. 

3 comments:

Chris said...

I used to pray for God to make me a highway and to light it up so brightly that I couldn't miss it! Although I knew Jesus said the gate is narrow and we are on a path.

I think I have always known what to do, but I often just couldn't get myself "over the hump" to begin doing it or I just didn't want to do it.

Everything takes preparation and discipline. Everything. We have to plan our preparation and then be disciplined to do.

So, how can I help?

Unknown said...

Preparation and discipline take work. Ugh. Why can't this be easy?
It seems that those things that do come easy are not appreciated.
I appreciate the offer of assistance and would appreciate your continued prayer for me as I struggle to deal with Kerianne. We've talked about that and you know the issue. The other prayer request is for finances as we struggle to get kids through college.
Thanks

Chris said...

Remind me to relate a story Joe told me this past weekend between him and his daughter living at home.