Monday, August 17, 2015

Discernment

1 Kings 3: So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?"

There is so much that I'm called to do that I am clearly not qualified to do.  Today as I face many and various trials, I pray that God will work through me to provide perfect advice and recommendations.  If I go it alone, I might provide good advice, but not perfect.  I might listen, but not with perfect discernment.  Only God knows exactly what must be done and how to encourage others to do their part.  I can try, but I will fail and in so doing will let others down. 
Lord I need you.  Oh I need you!  May my ears listen with your heart and discernment, my thoughts be Your thoughts, and my words be silenced so that Yours are heard.  I pray your words fall on listening ears and open hearts and minds willing to follow your direction in obedience. 

No comments: