Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Another One

Tuesday was rough.  My computer, one of four new computers in our office and which are supposed to be the fastest and most robust, blue screened seven times before lunch.  Yes, that blue screen of death that all Microsoft users know and fear.  Finally got an IT type person to come in around 11:00 and they said it was the graphics card.  She uploaded some drivers and then played on it a while and had no problems.  But when I came in from my doctors appointment the monitors wouldn't work at all.  So, about 3:30, I pulled the graphics card out and replaced it with one from my old computer and it seems to work fine now.  When you add all that up, it means I got no work done.

At the doctor, no a different one than yesterday, I learn that I have plantar fasciitis on my left foot.  This means no running for a while and hopefully stretching a lot will help it heal itself.  Otherwise I'll need a shot which is said by the doctors and Julie's Mom to be very painful.  I guess I need to buy a bike I can ride so I can exercise (see Tuesday's devo regarding cholesterol).

However, all of that pails by comparison to learning that a man tried to commit suicide yesterday.  We know his family and all his children.  I wish we knew how to help.  I don't know if it's PTSD or something else, but how much pain must have he and his family been in before this to lead to this.  How devastating it is to learn how much pain others are in.  We offered to keep one of their youngest whom Jack know's well for them, but really we don't know how else to help as visitation is very limited and he is under watch.  I have prayed for them and will continue to do so.

Sure, I've had a few rough days, by my standard.  Even this morning the toilet in my office is clogged up, again.  I've plumbers out here two years in a row, but here we are again.  Yet, there is nothing dragging me into the depths of suicide this morning.  I get to live a miraculously blessed life with God's daughter in His love reaching for new depths daily.  I get to live a purposeful life and to tell everyone who will listen at how Jesus is real and answers your faith.

I few years ago a book named Heaven is For Real came out and it was a really great story, very encouraging.  But we should all be making our own book named Jesus is For Real.  People doubt His story too much with too much certainty.  May we seek to make Him known and may He provide hope to all who are hopeless today.

No comments: