Monday, December 15, 2014

Choose your mood

Psalms 34: I will extol the Lord at all times;
    his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
    let us exalt his name together.

The holidays can bring a lot to be happy about, but they also produce a lot of stress.  David is making a conscious decision to praise the Lord at all times.  We can and should do the same.  Don't make your walk complicated, its really quite simple.  It starts with a simple decision.  Choose this day whom you will serve and serve with joy, thanksgiving, and praise.  After all, what do you have to complain about, really? 
Lord help me keep these days in perspective.  I pray that I will be in a constant attitude of praise and thanksgiving for all that you've already done.  I pray that a word of testimony to your activity in and around me may be constantly on my lips.  May I be a positive influence on those around me beginning at home and spreading to all whom you bring into my life.  I ask not for my own edification, but that in each and every encounter, may a bit of your grace touch the lives of those with whom I interact such that you may be glorified. 

No comments: