Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Never Lonely or Rejected


I slept fitfully between 3:45 and 5:45 this morning.  Mainly because the cat would jump on the bed, walk over my legs, curl up next to Julie for a while, then jump off the bed and make a bunch of licking noises for a while, then jump back on the bed, etc.  This cycle repeated at least three times and maybe four in that two hours.  Finally after trying to fall asleep, then waking up, then falling asleep, then waking up, I just got up somewhat frustrated. 

After being awake and getting prepared for the day, I realized I was frustrated for no reason and just figured God was wanting me to get up.  Once I was ready and opened the front door for the cat to go outside I realized I should have gotten up earlier.  I really love early mornings.  It’s peaceful and it’s the promise of a new day.  All things are new again.

For some reason the line “Ah look at all the lonely people” from the song Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles was playing over and over in my mind.  I figure God was trying to tell me that there are a lot of people waking up without a normally sweet loving cat – lonely.  There are a lot of people waking up without a dog that loves people and can’t wait to see them every time they come home or wake up – lonely.  There are a lot of people that don’t have their children at home sleeping peacefully – lonely.  There are a lot of people that don’t have a husband or wife next to them in their bed at night – lonely.  And there are a lot of people that do not know that the Creator of the universe loves them deeply and only wants to fill their wellspring of life and complete them forever – lonely forever.

Jesus said in Matthew 28:20, “I am with you always”.  Anyone who knows Jesus is never alone.  1 Peter 5:7 says for us to “cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”  Proverbs 18:24 says that “there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”  In John 15:15 Jesus said “you are My friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”  We are friends of the Son of God, our Savior, and He is with us always.  We can cast all our concerns, worries, and fears upon Him.  He can handle them. 

He will never reject us.  Psalm 27:10 says that “though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.”  The Lord will always accept us because of who He is, 1 Samuel 12:22 tells us “for the sake of His great name the Lord will not reject His people, because the Lord was pleased to make you His own.”  Yes, the Lord was PLEASED to make you His son or daughter and for His name’s sake, He will not reject you, ever.  Finally, Paul pleads in Romans 8:31b-32, 35a, 37-38, “If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all – how will He not also along with Him, graciously give us all things? … Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? … In all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers.

We, those who are called Christian, are never lonely.  We need only to believe that God will fulfil every promise He made.  He is faithful.  In Revelation 21:5 Jesus says, “Behold, I make all things new!”  Every early morning, every sunrise, and our hearts can be made new.  He is faithful. 

Dear Lord, thank you for this new day and for every new day that can be lived with You.  Help me to appreciate every annoying thing in my life and see it as the blessing it really is.  Help me to get out of the way and for your Spirit to lead me in communion, apart from every knowing a single lonely moment.  Thank you for never rejecting me.  Through Christ I pray, Amen.

No comments: